This week, I received my home birth, birth kit in the mail. This is a pre-made kit requested by my midwife. I purchased this kit for my last home birth and really liked a few of the items. In fact, I bought a few extra items because I liked them so much. You can find lots of different birth kids at Everything Birth. I’ve been extremely pleased with the company and would highly recommend them.
My daughter’s 12th birthday was this past week and we had a few friends over to celebrate. I can’t believe that it has been 12 years since I had my first home birth. Maybe some day, I will blog about that labor and delivery…
This is one of my stand-by recipes when I don’t know what to make with a hot bowl of soup. It’s souper easy to make using a stand mixer and my kids just love how this tastes. Add more cheese to the dough if you want lots of cheesy pockets of yummy goodness!!!
EASY! No Knead Cheesy Garlic Bread For Stand Mixer
Author: Parsnips and Parsimony
Recipe type: Yeast Bread
- 1½ cups lukewarm water
- 3 tablespoons olive oil (plus additional for drizzling into the pan)
- 1¼ teaspoons salt
- 3½ cups All-Purpose Flour
- 1 tablespoon instant yeast
- Grease a 9" x 13" pan, and drizzle 1 to 2 tablespoons olive oil in the bottom.
- Place all of the ingredients except the cheese and garlic, and beat at high speed with a stand mixer for 60 seconds.
- Add the cheese and garlic, mixing gently just to combine.
- Scoop the dough into the prepared pan, cover the pan, and let it rise at room temperature for 60 minutes, it should have risen a bit.
- Preheat the oven to 375°F.
- Sprinkle the dough with pizza seasoning, and/or the dried herbs of your choice
- Bake the bread until it's golden brown, approximately 35 to 40 minutes.
- Remove it from the oven, wait 5 minutes, then turn it out of the pan onto a rack. Serve warm or at room temperature.
- Yield: about 12 to 18 servings bread
You have heard all the reports that Tephlon is harmful for you, gives off bad stuff into the air and is just plain bad for you. And many pans out there that claim they are non-stick but with in weeks of use, they no longer live up to their claims.
When I was given the opportunity to review the Green Earth Pan by Ozeri, I was excited to put it to the test. I personally consider myself hard on my cookware and I can give a very honest review of how well a pan will hold up.
For the record, I used this for about two weeks straight; every single morning and frequently for lunch or dinner. I was careful to use only plastic/silicone utensils and not to scratch the bottom of the pan.
Now for a few specifics and why this pan is different.
- Ultra-safe ceramic coating
- PTFE-free and PFOA-free
- No harmful heavy metals or chemicals
- Superior non-stick performance
- Durable scratch-resistant ceramic, as found in nature
- Comfortable oven-safe handle
- Completely eco-friendly (ceramic coating emits no harmful fumes)
- Easy to clean
- Induction stove safe
These pans are available for sale at Amazon.
What Do I Think?
I could not wait to make my morning poached egg in this pan. After washing it for the first time, I made my poached egg with no oil or cooking spray. My egg slid right out when it was cooked. Nice! I continued using the pan and had zero problems with it.
However, the one thing that I did not like was the long, heavy handle on the pan. Several times, the pan would tip over because the pan was not balanced well. And because of the extremely long handle, it was very easy to bump into the handle and tip it over. This was a very real safety issue for me having kids always in the kitchen either watching or helping. For that reason alone, I would not recommend this pan. If that isn’t an issue for you, than the pan is wonderful. I loved the color and the non-stick ceramic seemed to work great.
Discloser: I received this free pan in exchange for my honest opinion and review.